Image Map

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Irish Cream Magic Bars




I am going to keep this post short and sweet.   I leave for Florida tonight.  Well we leave to go to Buffalo to then fly out tomorrow morning so there is much to do to get ready.   Our first trip with the little one,  so I am making sure I have enough but not too much.  Shocking how much I can bring for 3.5 month old.  Her stuff is over flowing into my suitcase. I am exhausted already. Alas,  I am really looking forward to getting out of this slush and into some warm sunny weather.  The LO will get some  quality time with Grandma and Grandpa and I will get a tan.

Since St. Patricks day is coming and I will miss 6 days of baking I am getting you a dessert early.   When its St. Paddy's day you bake with Irish cream and make it green and that is exactly what I did.

Enjoy.



Irish Cream Magic Bars


INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 cup sweetened coconut, grounded
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
  • 1/3 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
  • 2/3 cup green chocolate wafers
  • 1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/3 cup Irish cream

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Combine graham cracker crumbs and ground coconut and melted butter in a bowl.  Mix together to moisten all crumbs.  Press into a 10 inch square pan, sprayed with non stick spray or butter.   Place the pan in the fridge for 10 minutes.
2) Preheat the oven to 300F. Bake for 10 minutes.
3) In a large measuring cup mix together milk and irish cream.  
4) After the crust is baked, remove from oven. Increase oven temp to 325F.  Top with walnuts, both chips and end with the green chocolate and coconut.   Pour the milk/cream mixture over top.
5) Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan half way.   The mixture will be slightly golden on the edges.

There is a reason everyone loves these bars.



10 comments:

  1. Okay, these are GENIUS magic bars. Amazing! And beautiful. Good luck on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic twist on magic bars! Safe travels! Happy St. Paddy's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a GREAT time! I was totally surprised to see green food - is it already almost March?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart magic bars! This one is amazing! Have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe it's March already tomorrow. Have a nice trip! These bars look sooo amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so fun, love how perfect they are for St.Patty's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so fun, colorful and delicious!!! I'm hosting a recipe link up party on my blog and would be thrilled if you decided to participate!!!
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...