Image Map

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

10 Days of Cookies - Day 7 - Butterscotch Rolo Chex Bars


I guess offering up myself to do 12 days of cookies with a new born was a little keen of me.  At present I don't think I will get through to day 12 before the year is over.   How about 8, 9 or 10 days of cookies.

The last couple days have been a whirlwind, as I am sure it has been for many of you.   Two turkey dinners and a breakfast with our families. I am stuffed.   It was exciting though,  as it was our first Christmas with Samantha.  Although she has no understanding of anything that is going on,  it was still fun to dress her up in cute Christmas outfits and put gifts in front of her she can't open. She has been my favorite gift thus far.  As she gets older I know Christmas will only get better and she gets excited about Santa, get togethers with the family and of course, baking with her mom.

I hope everyone has enjoyed all their festivities so far.   Enjoy these bars before the new year diet starts.  You could even have these bars for breakfast, they have cereal in them.

Butterscotch Rolo Chex Bars



INGREDIENTS:
  • 6 cups rice checks
  • 1 cup corn syrup
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup Skor bits
  • 3/4 cup butterscotch chips 
  • 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup mini Rolos
  • 3/4 cup chocolate (semi sweet or dark ) for on top drizzle
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Combine rice checks, skor bits and Rolo in a very large bowl. 
2) In a medium sauce pan combine corn syrup and sugar.  Bring to a boil over medium heat, boil for 1 minute.   Remove from heat and add chips.   Stir until melted and smooth. 
3) Cover chex mixture with the warm mixture.  Stir to combine and cover the chex well.   Press into a 9x3 pan.  Let cool completely. 
4) Melt chocolate in a double boiler, drizzle over the bars and let set.   Cut into squares. 

Move over rice krispies, Chex bars are very very delicious.  Maybe it was all the chocolate and caramel, either way I will be making more Chex bars in the future. 




5 comments:

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...