Image Map

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Stracciatella Lindt Egg Brownies




We just got back from a weekend at the cottage with some friends.  It was beautiful weather, great company, great food.   Lots of time spent in the lake, sunbathing, playing games and laughing.  It was just nice to have a sunny hot weekend with no rain.  I am seriously tired of seeing rain in the forecast.

Last week was a bit of a blur.  I did my first topsy turvy cake last week and spent the rest of the week picking more strawberries, baking for the cottage and packing for the cottage.  (Of course, I still forgot things.)    The cake was a little scary at first but in the end I love the way it ended up.

These brownies I bring to you today were actually from the two weekends ago.  I also ended up with two sets of these brownies.  Both were gluten free but one had brown rice flour and the others literally had none.
Somehow I managed to forgot the bowl of flour, baking soda and salt on the counter, mixed up the brownies and poured them into the tin, baked them.   They funny this is I didn't realize the flour was missing until after I had tasted one and then saw the flour bowl sitting on the counter.  



Can you tell which is has flour and which doesn't?


The one without flour was RICH and super FUDGEY!   The one with flour was more balanced and a little less intense.  

I love baking with Lindt balls or eggs.  We have a Lindt store pretty close to us and I go check out the clearance chocolate section and throw it in my freezer for future use.  They just make the best addition to desserts.  My trick is to always freeze them and then they slowly start to melt and you get a gooey center. 

Stracciatella Lindt Egg Brownies

INGREDIENTS:
  • 6 oz dark chocolate
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup brown rice flour
  • 1/4 cup corn starch
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
  • 12 Stracciatella Lindt Eggs, frozen
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.  In a medium bowl combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cocoa and salt. 
2) In a medium sauce pan, add chocolate and butter, heat on medium, stirring occasionally to melt the butter and chocolate.  Remove from heat and let cool. 
3) Combine the chocolate mixture, eggs, sugar and vanilla and a large bowl.  Beat together until well combined. 
4) Add the flour mixture and beat on low until incorporated. Pour the mixture into the pan.  I used 2-6 square individual brownie pans to bake these but you can use a 9 inch sq pan.   
5) Bake for 20-22 minutes.   Remove from oven and immediately place a Lindt egg into the center of the square.  If using a 9 inch square pan place 12 eggs into the mixture to create 12 pieces. 
Let sit and melt and cool.  









9 comments:

  1. A Lindt store?! Jealous - i've never heard of these eggs, but they look rather awesome. Glad you had a great holiday! Send some of the rainy forecasts this way, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen those Lindt eggs! I'm officially on a hunt! These look wonderful! How funny you forgot the flour AND they were still good! Now then, this recipe is a fool proof keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaking wow this sounds amazing and i NEED to get some of those eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have definitely forgotten ingredients, and sometimes it works, but more often it doesn't! These brownies look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look so crazy good! And I love that the flourless ones were just as good as the others. A happy mistake!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you through Frugal Fooddie Mama Marvelous Monday. =)

    I would love for you to share and link up at my weekly TGIF Link Party if you haven't already this week. Your favorite posts, most popular, recent or new! The party is open every Thursday night and closes Wednesday's at midnight. Followed by (Not SO) Wordless Wednesday! http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/.

    I would be honored if you join us and follow to stay connected Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, I think they look tastier without the flour. But then again, I love super fudgey brownies! Thanks so much for sharing them at Wicked Good Wednesdays, they're being featured this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! I love the idea of placing a frozen chocolate in a warm brownie! These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing! I think I want the flourless ones!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...