Image Map

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Biscoff Cookie Dough Ice Cream




I spent most of last week at the cottage with my little one,  in-laws, my sister in law and all nieces and nephews. No hubby.  It was a fun week but a tiring week.    We had pretty good weather so the kids went swimming, we went to the fire tower (luckily I had the excuse of a baby to not climb up this time) and the kids did lots of indoor crafts.   It is also pretty cute to see how all the older cousins are with my daughter.   They are all so cute with her, trying to make her laugh and giving her hugs.  It was my nieces birthday on the Monday.   I brought up a bucket of some coloured fondants, cutters and candies and stuff.  The kids had a cake decorating afternoon.  Here is their creation.  Not bad for a 9, 7 and 6 year old with a little help from the adults.



This week was also the hubs and mine wedding anniversary.  Since we were not together our actual anniversary since I was at the cottage.  Friday night my sister watched the little one and we went out for a nice dinner to the Ken.  We even for free dessert.

Thursday night I went to the Tim Mcgraw concert with my sister and her two friends.   Great show.  I highly recommend at least one Tim concert in your lifetime.  

I haven't made nearly enough ice cream this year.  I also haven't made enough desserts with cookie dough. Have made cookie dough ice cream before but this year I had some biscoff cookie spread in the cupboard. What a wonderful new addition.


Biscoff Cookie Dough Ice Cream 

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 cup 10% cream
  • 1/2 cup 35% cream
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp glucose
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
Biscoff Cookie Dough
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup biscoff spread
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup oats - processed fine
  • 1/2 can (7 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup skor/heath bits



INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Make the ice cream : In a medium sauce pot combine both creams, milk, vanilla bean paste, glucose and half the sugar.  Heat on medium, stirring occasionally until simmering.  Bubbles developing on the sides of the pot. 
2) In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, remaining sugar and cornstarch.   
3) When liquid is a its desired temp remove from heat,  while constantly whisking,  slowly pour in about 1/2 cup - 1 cup of the liquid, then add a bit more liquid, still whisking. 
4) Pour the egg mixture back into the sauce pan and heat on medium-low stirring often, until mixtures thickens and coats the back of spoon.   Do not let the mixture boil so that the eggs don't curdle. 
5) Once thickened, run through a strainer into a bowl.   Cover the mixture directly with saran wrap and place in the fridge to cool completely. 
6) Make the cookie dough : In your mixer bowl or a large bowl, cream the butter, vanilla and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Add biscoff spread, mixing to combine. 
7) Slowly add flour/oats, alternately with condensed milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and skor bits. Set aside. 
8) Once the ice cream mixture has cooled, run through your ice cream machine according to instructions.  In the last few minutes toss in the cookie dough, teaspoons at a time to mixture in.   Place in a container , folding in any additional bits.










9 comments:

  1. I could eat buckets of this ice cream Meg! I love Biscoff! I do have to say that cake decorating must run in the family. Thats a pretty nice looking cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would loooove to see Tim in concert, so fun! And happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this looks amazing! All the more reasons to be excited about the first jar of Biscoff Spread that I've ever bought! Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Mondays. Pinning and sharing on Facebook and Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Need to find my ice cream maker! This looks awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHHHHOOOA! You are officially my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is no secret how much I love Biscoff and cookie butter! This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Marvelous Mondays this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg,
    I'm visiting from Wicked Good Wednesdays and I've pinned your post. The ice cream looks delicious.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic ice cream!!
    Anything with Biscoff is already for me :)
    I just need to try this recipe

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...