Image Map

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Apricot, Cranberry and Almond Spelt Oat Bars.




I spent the few days last week working on a cake for a friends 3rd birthday.  I hadn't made a cake in a few months so it was fun to get back in the groove. I have a few more cakes to work on in the next several weeks, one more thing to add to the busy list.



This past weekend we had our first trip of the season up to the cottage.   I don't know why we go this weekend every year, the bugs are terrible.  We basically go from car to boat to cottage and stay indoors for 3 days and then go from cottage to boat to car.  It is too annoying to be outside, especially for me.  I find the bugs love me and my dark hair, no matter how many light coloured clothes I wear.   I think after long cold winters, we are just so happy summer is here and we're dying to get to the cottage.   Even if we are stuck in doors it is relaxing and fun.

This was our first cottage trip with the little one.  As if we didn't bring enough baggage before, PAH!  Add baby stuff and add three more bags plus baby.   I can't imagine how that will change with a second child in the mix one day.  Maybe I need to improve my packing skills.

Since I was away the last few days with no Internet I was unable to tell you this fun news.
I’m participating in a Good Old Fashioned Recipe Blog Swap! Julie {White Lights on Wednesday}Kelley {Miss Information} and Rachel {i love my disorganized life} have paired up 30 incredible bloggers to trade blogs for the day.


Brianna from Flippin Delicious and I will be sharing a fabulous recipe on each other’s blogs {but we can’t tell you what they are, because they’re a secret!}. Be sure to visit both of us on May 27th, we wouldn’t want you to miss out on any deliciousness!


These bars are a perfect cottage snack or anytime snack.  

Apricot, Cranberry and Almond Spelt Oat Bars.



INGREDIENTS:

  • 3/4 cup rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup spelt oats
  • 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped apricots
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 pear, grated
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat oven to 350F.  Spray a 10 inch square pan wit non stick spray. 
2) In a large bowl combine oats, almond, dried fruit and cinnamon. 
3) In a large measuring cup , whisk together honey, almond milk, apple and vanilla
4) Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture and mix until well combined. 
5) Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown.   Let cool and refrigerate until firm.  Slice into squares. 

Now I know why people make their own granola bars.  So much better!












4 comments:

  1. These look awesome, and I love the blog swap idea, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything with almonds in and these look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look pretty fabulous Meg! We are about to go on a car trip and I'd much rather have the kids eat these in the car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look very much like something my local grocery store sells and they are fabulous (but expensive!). I will have to buy my ingredients there but will get the satisfaction of making my own! Visiting from Weekend Wonders and following you via GFC! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...