Image Map

Monday, April 1, 2013

Mini Egg Cone-olis





It is amazing how crazy the stores get when there is a holiday.   I don't know if it is people getting ready for company or just the fear that the store is going to be closed for one day, but wow.   I need to remind myself of this each holiday and not go grocery shopping the day before.   I hate crowds when grocery shopping.    Being on mat leave is great because I can go during the day when it isn't that busy.  When working I try to go during the week at night, it is so much more relaxing to shop when it isn't busy.

What is my other favorite day to shop, today!  Half price Easter candy.  I scaled myself back this year and didn't buy as much as I usually do. I just picked up a couple bags on mini eggs which I immediately threw in my freezer for a rain day.  Or a day I want these Cone-olis again.

Mini Egg Cone-olis
(adapted from Food Network)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup light ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temp
  • 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, with some for dusting.
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 -2/3 cup crushed mini eggs
  • 5 sugar cones

 INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Place the ricotta in a sieve over a bowl and let drain in the fridge for at least a half an hour.
2) In a large bowl or mixer bowl, beat together cream cheese, ricotta, sugar and vanilla.
3) Fold in 1/2 cup of crushed mini eggs
4) Cover the mixture and place it in the fridge to thicken, min of an hour.
5) Place the mixture in a piping bag with a large circle tip and pipe into the sugar cones.
6) Decorate with more mini eggs and dust with confectioners sugar

Only fill the cones about 3-4 hours before you are going to eat them as they will softened

These are so simple, light and fun.   Oh the possibilities......







16 comments:

  1. Love the idea of using cones for cannoli and adding mini eggs! These are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I thought it was a fun idea. Anything with mini eggs is great!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's the easter candy, it always makes desserts pretty.

      Delete
  3. So cute and clever! Obviously I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a creative idea!! I love these. Cannolis are one of my very favorites and have been for a long time. Look how easy these are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah super easy. I want to make more versions.

      Delete
  5. Meg, can I tell how truly spectacular these are! Very clever! My kids would devour every inch of the "cone-olis"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm, I love cannolis! And these could not be cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to try something like this. They look wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing on Two Cup Tuesday at Pint Sized Baker. I've Pinned this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the use of the cone. making them by hand looks so hard! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...