Image Map

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Banana Peanut Butter M&M Cookies




Uh, Can you believe Easter is next weekend?  I am a little shocked and frankly unprepared.  I have barely done any Easter baking.   I feel like it has just crept up on me.  I guess it is a bit earlier than normal this year but I have no idea what I want to bake for my Easter dinners.  Maybe I should look at the massive list of baking "ideas" I just created.   The good thing about Easter is that usually means warm weather and it looks like the forecast is starting to change.

I do love my Easter candy though.  Mini Eggs/Eggies are my favorite but most Easter chocolates are just pretty and fun. I almost do more easter candy baking after Easter.  I stock up when it is on sale and then it is so easy to stuff chocolate eggs in something and you immediately have a great dessert.  Like these cookies for example, a banana cookie made that much better with some Easter M&M's

Brown Butter Banana Peanut Butter Cookies

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter M&M's
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat oven to 350F. In a small pan, melt butter over medium heat, gently letting the butter start to brown.  It will get foamy and start to smell nutty.   Don't let it brown too much.   Place a coffee filter inside a metal strainer, place over a large mixing bowl and pour through the brown butter.  This will catch any bits that have separated.
2) In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. 
2) Add brown sugar to butter and mix together with a spatula.   Stir in egg and vanilla until combined. Stir in mashed banana.  
3) Fold in flour mixture until almost combined, then add M&M's and chips. 
4) Using a small scoop , place rounds on a baking sheet lined with parchment/silpat. 
5) Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden.  Let cool on sheet a few minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely. 

These are almost more like mini banana cakes, that I wanted to eat for breakfast everyday. 








13 comments:

  1. Such a fun combination! I am also behind for Easter. I'm afraid it's going to fly by and I'll miss all the fun baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I know the feeling! We're going to be gone until late next Saturday night. Then somehow I have to "do" Easter after Jordan goes to bed. At least we made brunch reservations - I don't have to do that, thank goodness! These cookies are amazing! Banana and peanut butter? YES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Easter Brunch, I have no reservations though. uh oh.

      Delete
  3. Oh how I love those peanut butter m&m's!!! these look great Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meg, how are you my friend, it's been a while,
    I love your cookies, spring on a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you again. I know I just love spring chocolates.

      Delete
  5. Those Peanut Butter M&M's are so good. I love that you added them to a banana cookie!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PB M & M's are the best and make everything better! These cookies look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...