Image Map

Friday, February 22, 2013

Chocolate Pretzel Caramel Brownies




The little one is upstairs sleeping in her crib, a cake is baked and ready for decorating tomorrow,  I am sitting here blogging and watching one of my favorite shows - Shark Tank.  Life is good.   Any one else like this show?  I love seeing the new ideas and inventions people are coming up with.  It is interesting  to see if the Shark's actually bite on their ideas.  Even if people don't get an offer the publicity from this show probably saves several businesses.  The effort and money that has gone into some of these products is shocking but also inspiring.  There are a lot of creative and determined people out there hoping to make their products the next best thing.  My aunt and uncle actually ended up buying a product off of QVC that was originally on Shark Tank.  A special magnetic clip to hold glasses and now this guy is probably a millionaire.  Pretty cool I think.  Mark Cuban is my favorite.  He is the nicest and I think has great business sense.  Some of the others just seem to snobby and too much about the money.  I wouldn't want a partner like that.

I should go on Shark Tank with these brownies,  they would love me.

Chocolate Pretzel Caramel Brownies

(base adapted from Scientifically Sweet)

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose (or regular all purpose) flour
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1/2 tsp espresso powder
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp warm water
  • 1/2 cup toffee bits
  • 30-35 caramels, unwrapped
  • 2 tbsp half and half (10% cream)
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups dark chocolate covered pretzels, chopped

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Preheat oven to 350F.  Line a 8x8 square pan with parchment, spray with non stick spray. 
2) In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. 
3) In a medium saucepan add butter and melt over medium low heat.  
4) Add espresso powder and cocoa and whisk all together.   Set aside to cool. 
5) Add eggs, vanilla, hot water and butter mixture to the bowl with the flour/sugar mixture.   Whisk all together until almost combined. Fold in toffee bits. 
6) Pour batter into pan, bake about 20-25 minutes. A toothpick should come out with minor crumbs.
Let the brownies cool completely.  
7) In a small saucepan add caramels and cream, heat on low stirring occasionally until caramels are completely melted.  Turn of heat and let cool just slightly.   Spread over brownies using an offset spatula.
8) Cover the caramel with the chocolate pretzels, pressing them in gently. 
9) DEVOUR, it will be hard not too. 

Chewy, Gooey, Crunchy, Salt, Sweet - These brownies have it all!!!!

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!


Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...






6 comments:

  1. Too funny - I am sitting here reading your blog and watching Shark Tank :) You were 3 hours ahead of me over there, but we are on the same wavelength :) Love these brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband tells me I should go on that show. Um, with what? My blog??? :)

    LOVE these brownies! They for sure would get you an investor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look incredible!! I love chocolate covered pretzels in any which way. I have to try these!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...