Image Map

Monday, February 4, 2013

Chocolate Cream Cheese Nutella Cups




So if you live in the North you take your weather predictions on February 2 from a groundhog.  There is Wiarton Willie here in Canada and Punxsutawney Phil in the US.  If the groundhog sees his shadow they basically say there is 6 more weeks of winter.   Well guess what!!  Neither groundhog saw there shadow = Early Spring!!  Yippee. Now I don't normally take my weather predictions from animals but I am going to cross my fingers that in this case these groundhogs know what they are "talking" about.  Please come early spring.

Although it is still quite cold out there February 5th is a great day.  It's World Nutella Day!  Unless you are allergic to nuts I think most people love this stuff.   Nutella always reminds me of my friend Sebastian who brought Nutella on a trip to Honduras we went on a few years back.  What a smart guy, it came in quite handy when having our morning waffles.  Any time I bake Nutella treats, I often bring him some or save him some.  Sebastian, come on over I still have some left!

I wonder what other wonderful desserts are out there in blog world today!



Chocolate Cream Cheese Nutella Cups
(makes about 30)


INGREDIENTS:

Dough (adapted from Fine Cooking)

  • 1 1/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 4 oz unsalted butter, cold and cubed
  • 4 oz chocolate cream cheese, cold
  • 1/3 cup Nutella, cold
Filling
  • 4 oz chocolate cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 1 1/4 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
  • 1 tbsp milk (if too stiff)
  • Sprinkles
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Make the dough :  Combine flour and salt in your mixer bowl.  Add butter and beat on low until resembles a large crumb. 
2) Add the cream cheese and nutella and beat on low until dough just comes together
3) Form into a flat cylinder and wrap in saran wrap.  Store in fridge until it becomes cold but not hard.
4) Roll out the dough and cut out circles that would fit into a mini muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes.  @ 350F.
5) Make the filling : Beat cream cheese and nutella in a large bowl or your mixer bowl.  Add confectioners sugar and beat together until smooth, adding milk if needed. 
6) Place into a piping bag and pipe into the cups.  Top with sprinkles. 
Bet you can't eat just one.  :-P 







8 comments:

  1. Oh my yum! These are so happening at my house this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and sound delicious! Pinned ;) Thanks for sharing :)
    Brenda @ChattingOverChocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable! And I've never heard of chocolate cream cheese - I need to find it, it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous! First of all, Nutella. And that cream cheese!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no way I could eat just one of those awesome cookie cups!!! Yum!! And Nutella on waffles? Hello, why have I never thought of that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious Meg! I'm SUCH a sucker for Nutella! I can't wait to try these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's pretty cold here in Vegas - 40's! I'm freezing. :-) These look amazing. Nutella and cream cheese = YUM! I'm hosting a Cream Cheese themed link party this week for Iron Chef Mom and I'd love it if you linked up this recipe! http://growingupgabel.com/iron-chef-mom-cream-cheese-battle/

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...