Image Map

Monday, December 31, 2012

10 days of Cookies - Day 9 - Double Peanut Butter Oat Blossoms


The last day of 2012.  Can you believe it?   The year starts off so slow and then poof it's over.   2012 is a year I will never forget.  This was a very anticipatory year for me, since the end of February I was anxious to get to November.  It was 10 months of waiting (and growing) to meet my baby girl.  Well worth the wait and I did really enjoy being pregnant.  My first pregnancy was pretty smooth, I still worked out, was never that sick and it was exciting.   At the end of it all a beautiful little angel.

This space struggled a little in 2012 as I did miss a few beats on the blog front. A very busy work life, pregnant and tired all lead to good recipes, just didn't get out as many as would like.  I also didn't get as many other pinning or fun posts out either.   That will be one of my goals for 2013.   I want to be a more active blogger, more fun, more creative and more connecting with others.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Years Eve night, sending many well wishes to all my readers and blog friends for 2013. 

Double Peanut Butter Oat Blossoms
(adapted from Cooks Illustrated) 

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 24 Reese's peanut butter bells

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat oven to 350F.   Line two baking sheets with parchment or silpat. 
2) In a mini processor, ground the oats to a fine to medium texture.   In a medium bowl combine flour, oats, baking soda/powder and salt. 
3) In a large bowl or mixer bowl , beat butter until creamy.  Beat in both sugars until well combined. 
4) Beat in the peanut butter until incorporated,  add in egg and vanilla. 
5) Fold in the dry ingredients or beat in on low, until just combined. 
6) Using a small scoop place rounds on the prepared baking sheets.   Bake 12 minutes, rotating pans half way. 
7) Remove from oven, let sit 1 minute or two then top with the Reese's bells.   Let cool completely before moving. 

Peanut butter blossoms are even better when the blossom also has peanut butter.  These cookies are soft and chewy and a chocolate peanut butter lovers dream. 

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS



4 comments:

  1. I used the Reese's bells to bake with too! I did pnut butter blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love peanut butter blossom cookies! And how creative to make them with those reese's bells! I can never, ever get enough peanut butter in my life. :) Hope you had a very happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of the same goals after a similar 2012 :) Happy new year Meg! I love these cookies and your photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peanut butter and chocolate.... BEST combination in the world! I love that you added oats to them. Thank yo for sharing at Wicked Good Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...