Image Map

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hawaiian Wedding Cookies and my new LOVE.

Okay, so yes I have been MIA for over the last two weeks. How can I not post after I told you I had been baking up a storm.  I also have a half written post about Online Blogcon and some serious pinning to tell you about.  Since last Friday though I have barely picked up my computer, had the time to or wanted to.  On Saturday November 17 a new love arrived in my life, quicker than ever expected and in the unplanned privacy of her own home.  Thanks to 3 amazing midwives and my hubby who got me through it all.  So, instead of staring at my computer for hours this new love occupies all my time.  She is perfect, lovely and so much easier to cuddle with than my laptop.   Her name is Samantha.


























Alright, I guess I can't stare at her all day she does need to sleep and I need to maintain some level of productivity.  In my last post (which feels like ages ago) I did mention I baked a lot of cookies.  Cookies I planned to put out for the guests that would be stopping by.  Of course I mostly forgot to put these cookies out for most people but somehow they still got eaten.  


Hawaiian Wedding Cookies
(adapted from Cuisine at Home - Holiday Cookies)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • zest from 1/2 lime
  • 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup blended sweetened and unsweetened coconut, toasted
  • juice from 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • confectioners sugar for dusting. 

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Preheat oven to 350F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
2) In a large bowl mix together butter, sugar, salt and lime zest until well combined with a spatula or wooden spoon.  You can also use a mixer.
3) Add nuts, coconut, flour, lime juice and vanilla and mix with a spoon until incorporated.
4) Shape the dough into round balls using a small cookie scoop.  Bake about 15-18 minutes, bottoms will be golden.    Let cool on pan a few minutes.
5) While the cookies are still warm, roll in the confectioners sugar or simply dust using a sifter.   Let them cool completely and dust again.   Store in airtight containers, can also be frozen for a month.

These cookies are actually supposed to remain more round but I put the freshly toasted coconut onto the mix which melted the butter hence flattening the cookie.   I suggest making sure the coconut has cooled if you want the more rounded ball look to your cookie.

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS!




5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Meg! Samantha is absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Meg!! I am dying to know the full story now, and so impressed you had your first at home, planned or not :) She is adorable, enjoy the snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, congratulations! SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!


    also those cookies look really really good.


    x
    Angie (www.sundaybelle.com)

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...