Image Map

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Nutella Pear Cakes





I figured out a new experiment with my baking and work.   I happen to sit about 15 feet from the coffee/kitchen area so I can here mostly everything from my little cube.  My bake goods do often make it into work otherwise I would eat way to much myself as would the hubby.  Normally I just put the desserts right on the cabinet by my desk as it tends to get a lot of traffic.  The day I went to bring these cakes in, my director brought in donuts. A weekly ritual he seems to have started when we hit that budget season and I am not complaining.   Since I didn't want to conflict with the donuts I decided to put my little cakes into the lunch area on a plate with a note that simply said Nutella Pear Cakes.   I didn't say who made them and luckily no one saw me drop them off so these little cakes were just left there for the taking.  So the cool thing was every time some one came into the lunch room I could hear there reaction.  Most people were immediately intrigued, and then they tried them and I heard the rave reviews.  As the cakes diminished quickly I then heard people who got a cake ask other people if they did and then say "oh too bad, they were so good".     This is great, until people catch on the baking is mine this will be a great way to experiment for the next few weeks.

Nutella Pear Cakes
(makes 18 mini cakes)

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cup peeled chopped pear ( I used Bartlett)
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 large egg
  • 2/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 2/3 cup nutella

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat the oven to 375F.  Grease with butter or spray with nonstick spray a mini bundt pan
2) Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and pear in a large bowl.  Mix together and and make a well in the center. 



2) In a large 4 cup measuring cup or medium bowl add buttermilk, egg, coconut oil and nutella.  Whisk together until well combined.  Pour into the well. and add chocolate chips.


3) Fold wet mixture into dry until just moistened.  Fill each pan with about 3/4 full.   Bake about 18-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let sit 3-5 minutes in pan , then turn over onto a cooling rack.   Store in a airtight container for up to 3 days.



These little cakes were so moist and super easy to make.  The nutella was subtle but noticeable adding a nice nutty addition.  Breakfast or dessert,  I think it would be either one.  :-)

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS












2 comments:

  1. congratulations to the winners!
    your cakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, we found your cute blog and your nutella pear cakes look amazing! We want to invite you to our Build Your Blog Conference held in Salt Lake City, Utah on Feb. 16, 2013. You can find a link on our blog sixsistersstuff.com or go to buildyourblogconference.com. We would love to have you hook up to our Strut Your Stuff link party on Saturdays and share your yummy recipes. We hope to hear from you soon. -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...