Image Map

Friday, July 13, 2012

Nectarine Cherry Crumble


UGGH!  Is all I have to say.  This week has been exhausting.  I worked 4 10 hour days and then today wasn't a short as I was hoping.   Every night I got home and after a walk outside or my work out I really just wanted to sit and do nothing.  I also don't want to sit in front of a computer anymore after 10 hours of screen starting so my ability to sit and write this post was non existent.   I don't know why I seemed surprise I have been in finance for almost 10 years now you think I would get used to budget season.   Every year it is still no fun.    In short I am really happy it is Friday and looking forward to what I think will be a fairly relaxing weekend.  Some furniture shopping, some baking and maybe a movie.  I can already see myself de-stressing.    Next week is also a short work week for me as we will be at the Cottage for an extended long weekend with some friends.  Cottage weekends always lead to some baking and blog posts so I should be back on track soon.

In my continued love for cherries and my new love for nectarines,  I combined them for this quick dessert.   I like when nectarines and peaches are hard as opposed to soft,  I like pears that way too.   Much easier to eat.

Nectarine Cherry Crumble

INGREDIENTS:

Crumble
  • 1/2 cup oat flour
  • 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup flaked oats
  • 2/3 brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup hemp hearts
  • 1/2 chopped almonds
  • 3/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened. 

Fruit
  • 2 cups pitted cherries, havled
  • 2 small nectarines, chopped 
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) In a large bowl combine all crumble ingredients except the butter and mix together.  
2) Work in the butter to the crumble mixture so it darkens and clumps together.
3) In another bowl combine the two fruits, add cornstarch, sugar and cinnamon and mix together. 
4) Place fruit mixture in a 8-9 inch round souffle dish.   Add the crumble, mixing some of it into the fruit, leaving enough to cover the top.  
5) Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes.   Fruit will be bubbling, top will be golden.  Serve warm!

MEG's RATING: D-EEEE-LICIOUS!












4 comments:

  1. I love fruit crumbles of any kind :) Hope work is settling down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a lot of food blogs and just came cross your blog for the first time, reading your words about budget season rang so close to home I could almost feel budget season (mine happens in January). Thankfully it is short lived although it feels like that month last twice as long as any other. I wish you stress free days ahead. I'll read more from you knowing that we have more in common than just a love of food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This crumble looks absolutely fabulous! Love the combination of nectarines and cherries... I will certainly have to give this one a try. Thanks for submitting the recipe to this month's Kitchen Bootcamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...