Image Map

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle


May has turned out to be a very busy month, on top of crazy new work computers systems and training, I have Mother's day and two big Birthdays, My hubby's Mom and Brother.  The tricky thing is they happen to be a week apart so we tend to just do one gathering.   I, of course make sure I do two desserts.   One for the brother and one the Mom, since they have different favorites.   His brothers dessert has to be something peanut butter and chocolate.   When I did the cake for his surprise party last week,  I didn't make it chocolate peanut butter and I got a sad face.   We decided to play it safe that weekend in case of any allergies so he got vanilla chocolate. I made up for it with a cool design.  He is a web designer.  For this dessert I tried to make it completely over the top chocolate peanut butter.   I think I did a pretty good job.   It was a chocolate peanut butter lovers dream.


Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle

INGREDIENTS:
  • About 2 - 8 inch chocolate cakes - depending in the size of your trifle bowl
  • 3 cups peanut butter chocolate buttercream - recipe I use
  • 3 cups chopped peanut butter cups
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted with 1/4 cup peanut butter

INSTRUCTIONS:


1) Cut up the cake into cubes.  Set aside.
2) Cover the bottom of the bowl with a thin layer of the melted chocolate/peanut butter.
3) Place some cake cubes on top covering the full dish.


4) Place your buttercream in a piping bag and cover the cake with a swirled layer of icing.
5) Top the icing with crushed peanut butter cups.


6) Top the peanut butter cups with some melted chocolate/peanut butter
7) Repeat from step 3 as much as you can, ending with peanut butter cups and a drizzle the chocolate/peanut butter.

I love trifles, they can be any combination you like cake, icing, pudding, fruit, chocolate.  So many possibilities. You would think it would be complete sweet overload but it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.  Now don't get me wrong you couldn't eat a huge portion of this but you could eat a normal size.   :-)  

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this sure sounds decadent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, you can never go wrong with a trifle and this one looks over the top delicious! No sad face for this one I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. just found you through bloglovin and wow that looks amazing.following you now!

    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...