Image Map

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Raspberry Quinoa Muffins

I am back from the sun and relaxation.  It was a great trip and Barbados is a beautiful island.   I spent most of my days at the pool reading, going through 2.5 books.  We did manage to squeeze in a rum and history that took us on a tour of the island, some kayaking and catamaran trip.  Unfortunately my plan for turtles was swatted by a cruise ship over feeding turtles and some motion sickness in the water, so I sadly saw none.   Here are a few pics,  I oddly didn't take that many and just had the temperamental point and shoot.


This was a plantation we stopped at on our island tour.   Lots of old cool things in side.


These are some old shoes.  Look how thin they are.


This was the cabinet of old cameras.  There was two of these.   Very Cool.



We stopped at one of the many churches on the island.   This church had the tree of life in the cemetery,  I had to hug it. 


This is the East side of the Island.   A litte more rough and rocky.


This is the west side of the island at our resort.  Calm, sandy and wonderful.

Now back to reality and work. Ughh...who wants that.   The first few days back have been miserable and I have been one cranky lady in the office.   I am sure it is just first week back blues or maybe I just need some baking to get me back to normal.  I finally got this blog post out so I must be getting back on track.  This weekend will involve baking and some photo/recipe pinning.   Here are some healthy muffins to get me back on track after a week of a lot of desserts.


Quinoa Raspberry Rhubarb Muffins

INGREDIENTS:

2/3 cup Whole Wheat flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup cooked Quinoa
1 1/4  tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup pureed dates
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen rhubarb

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Soak 1/2 cup of pitted dates in hot water. Let soak half an hour and puree until smooth.
2) Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners
3) Combine whole wheat flour, oats, quinoa, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir together.
4) In a large bowl or mixer bowl beat together oil, dates and honey until well combined.
5) Add egg and vanilla, mix to combine
6) Stir in dry mixture until almost combined.
7) Fold in raspberries and rhubarb gently to minimize the raspberries from breaking and running.
8) Using a 1/4 cup scoop, fill the muffin liners, two thirds full.
9) Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then place on wire rack to cool completely.

I love fruity muffins.  

MEG's RATING : D-EEEE-LICIOUS!

5 comments:

  1. they look lovely! and I never thought about using quinoa for muffins, it looks like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Looks beautiful there, and I love the idea of quinoa in muffins - I'll have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I definetely want to try this out!! seems we like a similar style of baking. Love that I stumbled upon your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back Meg amazing amzing pictures and amazing muffins! Have a lovely weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tried these over the weekend and loved them! Previously I had tried another quinoa muffin recipe that I was not a fan of. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...