Image Map

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Apricot Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies


So I have finally booked my trip to Barbados and we are leaving in less than two weeks.   Talk about last minute.   The price didn't change for the last few weeks so we decided to sit on it for a while.  I have also just been on the fence about booking since the weather has been so nice.  In the end it is not just the weather , it is the getaway, no distractions, no work,  just relaxing.   So I am now looking forward to the pool, reading, the turtles, and maybe the shopping.    The nice thing about booking late is that you also don't have a long countdown to get there, my countdown is only 10 days.   Sweet.

Unfortunately this cuts into my Easter baking plans as I will lose a full week of potential creations.  Hopefully I can squeeze in some baking this weekend.  I already have one idea in my head.  I do also want to bake some treats or granola bars to bring with me on the trip.   These cookies might be one of them.

Oatmeal Cookies with Apricots and Pistachios
(adapted from Cooks Illustrated)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
  • 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat oven to 350F.  In a large bowl or your mixer bowl beat butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. 
2) Add in eggs one at a time beating on low. 
3) Combine flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a small bowl, then stir into wet mixture.
4) Stir in oats, apricots and pistachios.  
5) Using a small ice cream scoop, add the rounds to a parchment/silpat line baking sheet.   Bake until cookies are turning golden on the edges, 10-12 minutes.   Let cool on a wire rack, store in a airtight container.

I think these are the best oatmeal cookies I have ever made. I don't know what else to say.  I am going to make them again this weekend.

MEG's RATING : D-EEEEE-LICIOUS






3 comments:

  1. I wish you'll have a splendid time on your trip Meg. I love your cookies, they look fantastic!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, My... These cookies look adorable and delicious. I can imagine the texture and the flavor, love apricots, pistachos, and oatmeal. Will have to make these cookies soon... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love apricot in cookies but I don't think I've seen a version like this - looks great! How exciting about Barbados, I bet it's gorgeous there!

    ReplyDelete

LOVE your comments! Please let me know you stopped by. I always try to reply to the comment via e-mail, but I can only do that if you are not a "NO REPLY" commenter on Google. Check your Settings or reply via a different account.

Sorry I had to add on the word verification, spammers are out of control!

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...